Generously Spoiled by the Sun

The Villa Hochdörffer vineyards lie in the southern part of the towns of Frankenweiler, Godramstein and Nußdorf – premium locations on privileged and sun-drenched soil. No other place in Germany boasts as much warmth and sunshine as the Palatinate area. 60 percent of the vineyards are stocked with white wine vines (mainly Riesling and white Burgundian varietals). Red wines, particularly Pinot Noir and Pinot Noir Précocé, account for the remaining 40 percent. The cultivation of dry and half-dry wines is the key focus of Villa Hochdörffer; added to that is the production of ice wine from white and red grapes.

Climate

Climate

Soil Conditions

Soil conditions